[wp-hackers] Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Tue May 27 20:23:59 GMT 2008

My 2 euros:
I had the same thoughts a few hours ago, and my conclusions were: this
should be plugin territory to load JS files from your own install or
from Google.
- Lots of noisy people will scream if we rely on Google for JS serving
(while, admittedly, even more of silent people won't care) with more
or less clear claims about privacy and everything
- For the admin side of stuff, this isn't big deal (mostly one user so
there's no real benefit)
- For the public side of the blog, this is up to the theme author to
use Google's, his own, or WP's bundled scripts (most theme don't even
use wp-includes/js/ files, they add their own javascript directory)

What would be cool though would be that the whole javascript API set
of function could be hacked with a simple hook. Something like a new
action within wp_enqueue_script() that would either load from
wp-includes/js/ or from Google.

Ozh

http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News
http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff