[wp-hackers] Inline Documentation Effort was a Failure

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Tue May 27 13:44:45 GMT 2008

spencerp wrote:
> I agree with everything you said. Just curious, doesn't all this
> documentation to each PHP file, only had more bulk/ size per file too?
> So, instead of having a normal 2kb sized file, after documentation was
> added, it might be 3 or 4kb?
I think this is a valid point. I'm *all* in favour of documentation,
particularly in-line. I think it's an excellent thing.

Presumably it wouldn't be that hard to strip it out for the "released"
version of WordPress? So if you want the documentation, grab the code
from svn. If not, grab the ZIP and get a nice light download.

This would require support from the core devs, packagers, etc.

Cheers - Callum.