[wp-hackers] On Subversion and 2.5.x-alpha not being in Trunk

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed May 14 21:02:32 GMT 2008

Daniel Torreblanca wrote:
> Sorry, didn't read the rest of your message.
>
> What's wrong with "svn switch"? Do you just not want to put in a new URL?
>
> Why would you do an "svn up" very often anyway, if you don't want new changes

I understand the problem.  He DOES want updates, but he only wants
stable updates.  The problem with SVN Switch is that it's not easy to
automate. I have a lot of WordPress installs that I manage, and it would
be nice to just set a cron job to "svn up" every day (or once a week,
etc). There is a trac ticket asking for a stable tag like phpMyAdmin
does: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3593