[wp-hackers] On Subversion and 2.5.x-alpha not being in Trunk

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:46:30 GMT 2008

I use Subversion to update my WordPress installs. As it stands, with
the 2.5.x development occuring under /branches/2.5 and not /trunk, it
means if I have an install which uses
svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/2.5 and do an svn up, I'll get
the latest alpha instead of the latest stable release in that branch.

In order to get round this I've tried using tags/2.5.x but this means
I have to do an svn switch each time a new release is announced.
Anyone updating a 2.3.x blog with Subversion can just use
/branches/2.3 as only the latest stable release goes in there.

Anyone else using Subversion to update their 2.5.x blogs this way?
Which method are you using?

John.