[wp-hackers] Draft Pages for admin approval

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Mon May 12 14:51:34 GMT 2008

Looking into it I see that there are four relevant capabilities: 'Edit
Pages', 'Edit Published Pages', 'Edit Other's Pages' and 'Publish
Pages'.

I'm not sure what the default values are, but if you use the Role
Manager plugin you can assign only Edit Pages to a given role and they
will be able to create (but not publish) new pages (I tested this and
in the write screen you only see 'save' and 'submit for review' when
writing a page without the 'publish pages' capability).

I HIGHLY recommend the Role Manager plugin to anyone dealing with more
than one or two authors ever, if only so you can see exactly what
privileges the different roles (author, editor etc) have from within
the admin screens.

I'm not sure exactly how the 'Edit Other's Pages' capability works in
practice (I've found the equivalent posts capability behavior strange
but logical in the past), but if you spend some time testing it in two
browsers with two user accounts (one low privs and one admin,
otherwise you'll go insane) I'm sure you can figure out the details.

[crossposted to ticket, which i'll close for now]

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org