[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:59:55 GMT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:12:16 -0500, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

>On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Dan Coulter <dan at dancoulter.com> wrote:
>>  The problem with fixing daylight saving time (or summer time, or what have
>>  you) is that every country does it differently.  As someone pointed out,
>>  people in the UK won't be using a localization, so they'd get US daylight
>>  saving time, which this year was about 3 weeks apart.  I imagine that most
>>  of Europe works the same way, but there's no guarantee.  I'd hate to code
>>  and maintain summer time rules for every country in the world.
>
>Fortunately, you don't have to maintain the rules yourself. It's
>already been done:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoneinfo

On that page i browse to first outside link:

http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm ( Eggert, Paul; Olson, Arthur
David (2007-11-29). Sources for time zone and daylight saving time
data. Retrieved on 2007-12-03. ) ane there there was link to a plugin:

http://kimmo.suominen.com/sw/timezone/ written since WP 1.5 that
state:

This is a plugin for WordPress. It will automatically set the weblog
time offset based on the time zone of the server, or using an explicit
TZ value. The main purpose of this plugin is to allow automatic DST
handling.

Looks like someone alredy inveted this wheel... and he said nothing :P

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it