[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Sat May 3 20:03:13 GMT 2008

>  I hate to
> think that normal (people who aren't good at math) users would have to
> pull
> out a calculator to figure out what time it's set at.

Ok - I admit that people shouldn't have php coding skills to publish via
WordPress.
I admit they shouldn't even have to know about HTML while this would be a
good thing anyway.
They don't need to rocket scientists or something similar.
But I think they really should know how to add 12 to a number less then 12
without using a calculator! Next time someone will ask WordPress to take
care for illiterate people and take voice as input?

Just for clarification:
I'd really like someone to patch this since internationalization and ease of
use is already a goal of WP. Best would be someone who is familar with that
format - which I am not. I could imagine a selection box behind the minute
field which has 2 options: "24 Format/am" and "pm" with "24 Format/am"
preselected. If the first is choosen everything stays the same - it can be
used for "am" times just like if there was no change and for 24 hour times
too. If pm is selected 12 is added to the hour and thats it.

But you simply can not tell me someone is able to use WordPress and isn't
able to add 12 to 1, 2, 3, ..., 11 without a calculator!