[wp-hackers] Tagging RC releases, revision numbers?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:39:31 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Peter Westwood
<peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:

>  Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>  | On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Joe Maller <joe at joemaller.com> wrote:
>  |> The 2.5 RC1 and RC2 releases don't appear to have been tagged in the
>  |>  repository. What were the revision numbers on those if we want to pull
>  |>  directly from svn?
>  | IIUC, they are not tagged in svn.
>
>  RCs Betas etc. are not normally tagged.
>
>  I would get on the revision at which the version.php file changed.
>
>  westi

Purely a semantic point on my part, but I've actually been bothered by
the RC notation this time around.  The versions of trunk/ that I've
seen HAVEN'T been "release-worthy", thus the notion of labeling them
RC1, RC2, etc. is pretty off-putting.  I'd rather we stuck with the
"beta" appellation next time around, if possible.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/