[wp-hackers] Idea for a GSoC project

Ptah Dunbar contact at ptahdunbar.com
Thu Mar 27 15:58:27 GMT 2008

You mentioned using AJAX for this kind of functionality, but wouldn't that
be a little overkill?
IMO, another suggestion is to use an iframe? OR

can the Plugins/Themes Directory have an xml file that automatically updates
when new themes/plugins are accepted in the directory. In that xml file,
it'll have things like name, author, version, link for download etc..

Then, all we'd have to do for the self-hosted blogs is create a new tab(s)
in the admin, and in that page, create a script that'll loop through all the
xml file to generate a list from that xml file.

This could be a great plugin if creating that xml file is possible. Let me
know if I'm totally off, or missing something...

On 3/26/08, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> > Doug Stewart wrote:
> >  > ...Which then brings up the next logical step -- themes.  What's good
> >  > for the plugins would be GREAT for the themes.
> >
> >  Especially as more and more functionality gets bundled into themes, for
> >  example Prologue.
> >

> So now all we need http://wordpress.org/extend/themes and a
> corresponding API to call to.
>
> /nudge nudge wink wink knowwhatImean
> //A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat
> ///say no more
>
> --
> -Doug
>
> http://literalbarrage.org/blog/