[wp-hackers] WP - Google Summer of Code

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 19:39:24 GMT 2008

Hi Cesar

On 23/03/2008, Cesar D. Rodas <saddor at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Let me introduce my self, I am Cesar Rodas, a php && WP fan from Paraguay. I
>  am studying Computer Programming and I am in the third year.
>
>  I want to propose two projects in Google Summer of Code for Wordpress. I
>  have describe one project here
>  http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2008#Category_suggester, I don't know if I
>  can describe it here, If I cannot please apologizes me.
>
>  What the folk thing about my project?, What do you suggest to improved it?
>  And what steps do I need to do for a formal proposal (I have write a
>  document like this<http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC_2008_Application_Template>but
>  i don't know where send).

I am intrigued by the category project. I wonder whether you could
expand on the advantages and disadvantages of this project and also
maybe why you don't think it would work with tags. I think personally
I am only just beginning to understand the use of categories and tags
and I would appreciate to see how you might decide on a category as
opposed to tagging!
--
Kind regards
Rich