[wp-hackers] Caching in core?

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:46:25 GMT 2008

Knut-Olav Hoven wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008 11:29:24 Thomas Bukowski wrote:
>
>> On Mar 23, 2008, at 2:30 AM, Mahmoud Al-Qudsi wrote:
>>
>>> He says he'll be releasing it soon. If I don't hear back from him,
>>> I'll take it on as another caching project to add to the family, if
>>> y'all like.

This is one of those... If it don't make into core, it ends up a plugin
deals... If Cache was a huge issue, it would have been solved by now,
and my guess, is... its not, so whatever is, is OUT THERE NOW...

> I agree that caching should be integrated into the core, and storing it in a
> db-backend is fine by me.

Cache is in core, but it sucks yes.. I agree. If you're proposing a GOOD
ASS cache for core, do it right. The default Cache sucks ass... sorry,
but I'm speaking bluntly on this .... Last time I tried DEFAULT cache,
it just messed my whole blog up... so. ... whoever is proposing this
stuff... think throughly.. and if you want to stand toe to toe, I'll be
there to kick your ass..