[wp-hackers] Greetings from FCKeditor

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Mar 11 17:29:36 GMT 2008

Frederico --

I'm certainly no major decision maker, but here is my impression:

1) I always like having choices.  Giving WP users a choice in WYSIWYG
editors would be nice.

2) I can't imagine it being part of "core" WordPress, as much time and
effort has gone into making TinyMCE work, and the general philosophy
here seems to be "K.I.S.S." -- i.e. leave the options to plugins.

3) I believe it _could_ be incorporated into a plugin that would
replace TinyMCE with your system.

4) If such a plugin were made, it would almost certainly have an
audience.  (On my blog, I once had a user of my WP plugins ask if they
"work with FCK")

Good Luck -- it sounds like a worthy project to me. :)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>