[wp-hackers] Re: Adding custom buttons to TinyMCE v3.x

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Mar 11 17:31:05 GMT 2008

Sabin Iacob wrote:
 > http://codex.wordpress.org/TinyMCE_Custom_Buttons

Thanks Sabin, good start -- at least there are now some coding samples
(there are possibly some typos in hook names near the bottom?).

Hopefully Andrew can flesh this page out into an article describing
how/why to add buttons to MCE, hopefully with a simple but
fully-realized example (including the JS). I'd suggest something along
the lines of some of the Special Topics articles in:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_Resources
(and link to this new article from Plugin Resources, when it is ready
for "real time").

Again, I'm happy to copy edit, but it's always better if someone who
actually knows something about the subject writes the article. :)

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software