[wp-hackers] wp-filesystem

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:45:07 GMT 2008

DD32 wrote:
> Oh, Wait, I might've understood it wrongly, Are you saying it deleted *ALL* the wordpress files?

It didn't delete anything.

> If thats the case, Then something in the get_base_dir() function must be borked on your setup.
>
> So, Your folder structure is as:
> ABSPATH = /home/user/...../vindictivebastard.net/public_html/wordpress/..
> And when you login via FTP its locked to
> /vindictivebastard.net/public_html/wordpress/.. ?
> Or is it locked to a different directory?
>
> Sorry about that, I guess theres a reason it should be only run in testing environments still..
>
> Later this evening i'll write up a plugin that simulates a plugin upgrade but doesnt change the files, see if that turns up whats going wrong?

I'm not sure about anything being locked up like that, but I'm
guessing... that might be the case though. Because when I was entering
my FTP informations for updating that plugin via the "update
automatically (file system)" option... it gives me blog 404.

See, when I added MORE domains on my main dreamhost acct.
"spencerp.net", I didn't assign each single NEW domain an FTP account. I
just slapped the domains on main account, and access ALL of them via the
ONE MAIN account one for "spencerp.net" ....

So if I go under manage > vindictivebastard.net, give it's OWN FTP
account, it will automatically give an empty directory... even though I
can access the normal original one through the ftp.spencerp.net host...
if I connect to ftp.vindictivebastard.net with it's OWN one... once
logged in there... it will be empty directories..

So I'd have to manually upload the WP files again to the "empty" VB FTP
directory account one, re-upload the original VB wp-config.php and
.htaccess files... and do it that way... which other downfall is, I
won't be able to use SVN on that... because when logged in through the
"plink spencerp.net" CMD method... I'm connecting through "spencerp.net"
account.. and not a vindictivebastard.net account...

And I never figured out HOW-TO have TWO setup for doing SVN / Putty  on
my Computer... So in short, if I add an FTP account to VB... I'd
basically be running without SVN and manually have to upload all the 2.5
files again using my FTP client... because Dreamhost considers it (VB)
as being it's OWN domain account..

I think it's like this currently:
/home/my-main-account-username/vindictivebastard.net

Being that it was just added to main account "spencerp.net" But, if I
wanted to give it's OWN FTP account, I'd have to create NEW user...
which makes it like: /home/NEW-account-username/vindictivebastard.net
Which it would READ IT AS, an empty directory. Because all the files are
originally under:
/home/my-main-account-username/vindictivebastard.net

Doing this: /home/NEW-account-username/vindictivebastard.net Will be
like, setting up it's OWN domain FTP account, basically starting on
empty fresh directory location / install location. I'd have to connect
to that NEW one via a normal FTP client... upload the WP 2.5 files
manually... and original VB config/.htaccess files, then provide in the
"update automatically" fields.. the NEW VB FTP informations.. I know
this is a huge explanation.. but Dreamhost is complicated.. .LMAO! Or,
perhaps I'm making things more complicated then need be... I dunno..