[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:28:28 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 20:23 +0000, Alex Hempton-Smith wrote:
> Although I personally rather the admin panel aligned to the left, perhaps it
> could be an idea to give users a choice between the two. A radio button
> choice in the "Misc" section of "Options" with:
>
> * Fixed width
> * Fluid width

Or you can just add a <link rel="alternate stylesheet"> to the <head>
which contains the necessary extra styles.

In fact, why don't we ship WP with an alternate stylesheet with this
tweak? That way, people like me can finally shut up about it, and it
doesn't affect those who like it fixed width.

The alternate stylesheet doesn't have to have anything more than:

body {
	width: 100%;
}

...or however the fluid width got achieved last time.

I should make a patch.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/