[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: Integrate WP-cache / WP Super Cache into WordPress

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sun Mar 2 20:03:15 GMT 2008

> Lazy Load looks interesting, but I don't know how applicable it would
> be to the current WP structure.

I thought that might be the case.

> It seems to be geared for the
> more-heavily object-oriented languages/projects out there where all
> the methods are parts of objects in the first place, and objects are
> embedded within objects (class members) for a fully OOP, cascaded
> development style.

Zend_Framework utilizes this quite a bit so I wouldn't say it is a
language thing (php's OO shortcomings aside). But the concept of
cut back on memory usage. The increase in performance from this, as
applied to the current WP, is probably debatable, but maybe worth
discussing.

> In our case, the performance problem isn't with the objects being in
> the memory so much as it is the functions to get them....

Maybe this is something that might tie in to a broader discussion of
re-architecting with PHP5...?

-e