[wp-hackers] Is disabling remote client access a good idea?

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Wed Jun 25 15:52:28 GMT 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Joseph Scott wrote:

>> Also, I cannot imagine that the rumored Automattic iPhone client is
>> using anything other than XML-RPC... Right?
>

> Yes, it does use XML-RPC.

This is pretty interesting, because it puts Automattic into the same
support conundrum as the rest of the remote clients.

So whether it turns out to be "no big deal" or not, Automattic will
share in the experience. I like it!

Needless to say, it's quite possible that iPhone access to blogs may
increase the number of XMLRPC users considerably.

Don't you think the iPhone client would get more adoption if users
could easily "start using it" without a configuration change?

Daniel