[wp-hackers] wp + mysql ?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Jun 12 04:33:15 GMT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 03:55:19 +1000, Christopher J. Hradil
<chradil at comcast.net> wrote:
> 1)      Is WP mysql 5.x+ compatible ? more specifically are we
> capable/using
> the mysqli lib as opposed to the mysql lib ? at one point we needed to
> run
> both mysql and mysqli libs because wp couldn't handle the mysqli

The WordPress db class (wp-db) only uses mysql_* calls, However, There
should be no reason why a MySQLi based wp-db class couldnt be createed and
used by those who want it.
(For reference: wp-config/db.php will be loaded in favour of
wp-includes/wp-db.php if it exists, Just make sure to have all the same
functions and whatnot in there :))