[wp-hackers] Theme structure

Alan Baljeu alanbaljeu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 20:15:19 GMT 2008

Thanks for the links.  Those are interesting themes.

To correct you on a thought though, I'm not a theme designer, I'm a programmer.  I'm tackling this, not because it's going to save me time, but for the challenge of building the tool.

My intention is not to create "a beast of a theme engine", but a replacement or supplement for the WordPress Theme Editor.  That is, I want to edit theme files.  The resulting theme can be very lightweight.

One possible approach to this is to build a database of code snippets and have ways of adding or removing these.  I have much more specific thoughts on this, but I'll save those for another post.  In the meantime, I'll be examining how these themes work.  I really like the Sandbox coding style, and the K2 column editor interface.