[wp-hackers] Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jun 5 14:02:01 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Duane Storey <duanestorey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's actually a neat idea, but I'd much rather the files be
> hosted on WordPress somewhere if possible.   And in fact, if WordPress
> hosted minified versions and encouraged theme/plugin developers to use
> those, it could very well result in a large performance increase
> across all WordPress sites that use these libraries in the future,
> since the caching benefits would be shared between sites.

Well, of course, wordpress.com does already have those files...

http://s.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js
http://s.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/prototype.js

And so on. So the same plugin given before could be made to pull from
there, if you really wanted. Also, if you check those, I think the
headers are good for caching properly as well.

-Otto