[wp-hackers] How to Make Plugin MU-Capable

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Thu Jun 5 10:22:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

The main difference between WP and MU for plugins is where the plugin
lives. There is a plugins folder still, but there's also an mu-plugins
folder too. Any file in mu-plugins will be included/loaded on every
request. It's likely that your plugin will be dropped in there.

Also, almost every user on an MU site is untrusted, even admins. The
only people who should have access to edit css or html in your plugin
are site admins. You can check if the current user is one by using the
is_site_admin() function, any time after init.

Donncha