[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-polyglots] no-code-duplication i18n for WordPress

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Jun 4 12:19:47 GMT 2008

I was about to propose something similar. You could do checks for the
hard coded string first and if it doesn't exist do whatever is done now.
It would remove the need for a strings.php in the wp-includes directory.
I do believe having a strings.php in the wp-includes directory would
help translators with the possible strings that they can translate
instead of having to look through the code, even if there is a Codex
page on the topic.