[wp-hackers] "Outdated plugin" notice (was: load_plugin_textdomain() )

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Wed Jul 30 12:22:15 GMT 2008

> Log Deprecated Calls
> http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/features/wp-log-deprecated-calls/

This is very cool, and a great plus for plugin devs! :) I'm impressed
with the short time it took you to build it.
I'm afraid it's still too techie for casual users, tho. I mean,
browsing through a log file (first you have to know what that means)
is already a biggie, and you are still left with yourself once you
know that such function is to be replaced by such other one. There
needs to be something within WP to warn users about potential failures
of plugins/themes, in the same vein as the Notification system (yup,
still beating that horse myself :) ).

--
Xavier Borderie