[wp-hackers] [WPSoC][Mid-term update] codeWord progress so far...

Joel joelstarnes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:30:56 GMT 2008

Evening everyone,

My summer of code project is a plugin named codeWord, it implements
CodePress into the WP theme code editor, but with a few additional
features and fixes.
 1. It now uses some simple jquery ajax code for saving, which avoids
having to reload the whole page.
 2. If you attempt to navigate away, but haven't saved your recent
changes it shows a prompt.
 3. It has an dropdown input that auto-completes WP functions.
 4. Plus a few little fixes here and there, notably I fixed the tab
key to insert a tab character.

I still have a fair bit of work left to do getting everything running
smoothly, but I'd appreciate any feedback on my work so far.

In my remaining time I hope to develop the function lookup, adding in
default parameters for each function and linking them through to the
relevant page on the codex.

If you'd like to take a look round the plugin, then checkout my code
from the WPSoC repository[1] and if you'd like to keep up to speed
with my progress then grab a feed from my blog[2].

Cheers Joel.
[1] http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-soc-2008/source/browse/trunk/joel/codeword/
[2] http://joelstarnes.co.uk/blog