[wp-hackers] WP-Storage - Alpha plug-in

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Jul 8 06:08:00 GMT 2008

My thoughts as i look through it & try to use it:

*Please* use expanded php rather than PHP shortcodes (<?=), It'll be
removed in future versions and many installs have it disabled allready.
(It was only used 6 times, so :)) - a search/replace for `<?=` -> `<?php
echo` worked well.

Just FYI, It'll possibly break with 2.6 with users who define their own
Content directories, See http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6938 for info &
workarounds for various stuff

Support for 2.6 would've been nice straight out of the box, using
version_compare() is better than looking for 2.5 specifically in the
version global

Seems I cant use Youtube, After a lot of buggering around, I dived into
the code, Seems i dont have open SSL enabled, Would've been nice for that
error to come through to the UI (wps_adv_get() -> $http -> error)

I notice you used addslashes() in a few places for inline JS, You might
want to have a look into the function js_escape()
(wp-includes\formatting.php  line ~1190)

Some styling for the Settings page would be nice too :)

The Javascript could've been streamlined a bit if you used jQuery & the WP
Ajax or jQuery Ajax/json classes too

Good work so far though by the look of it