[wp-hackers] How to determine install version of MySQL?

Bob wp-hackers at nj-arp.org
Thu Jan 24 22:53:04 GMT 2008

Try mysql_get_server_info()

http://us2.php.net/mysql_get_server_info

----- Original Message -----
From: "Williams Phillip" <phil.m.williams at gmail.com>
To: <wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:13 PM
Subject: [wp-hackers] How to determine install version of MySQL?

The conversation here awhile back regarding SQL queries brought up an
issue that I have with a my archive filter plug-in. To filter the the
archives I am using a query similar to the one in wp_get_archive.
However, there is a subquery that I use to limit the posts to those
included (or excluded) from specified categories. Since WP supports
older versions of MySQL that do not support subqueries, the plug-in
would not work.

Is there a hook/method that I could use to not allow the plug-in to
be activated unless MySQL is v5 or better?

Thanks,

Phil
phil.m.williams at gmail.com