[wp-hackers] RSS dump of posts and comments (separate). How can I import?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jan 24 18:28:36 GMT 2008

I might be able to help out with the images problem --

There is a "Find and Replace" plugin that goes through your database
(using direct MySQL calls, IIRC).  You might dump all the images into
one directory, and then figure out a way to replace all existing
image paths (within posts only!) with the one new one.  You're losing
whatever organization might have existed, but it would probably be a
lot easier than remaking a whole directory structure....

Plugin:
<http://bueltge.de/wp-suchen-und-ersetzen-de-plugin/114>

Hope it helps.

Tell your friend to quit hosting sites with disreputable companies!  :\

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>