[wp-hackers] How to determine install version of MySQL?

James Davis james at freecharity.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 18:20:02 GMT 2008

Williams Phillip wrote:

> Is there a hook/method that I could use to not allow the plug-in to be
> activated unless MySQL is v5 or better?

No. The reasoning was explained recently in trac:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3792

You can write an SQL query to check the version of MySQL installed if
you really want to, but you're strongly encouraged not to.

James

--
FreeCharity.org.uk - Free hosting for charities and non-profits
WordPress and Blogging Consultancy       -      (01348) 800101