[wp-hackers] TinyMCE 3.0 RC-1

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Jan 20 06:17:57 GMT 2008

Perhaps including a "WordPress may send anonymous usage stats" option (deselected by default) in the next release, or prefreably, as a plugin(perhaps bundled) to generate some stats of what WordPress users use, ie, PHP Version, Mysql Version, If users use this function, or that function..
Quite a lot of desktop applications have something similar these days (usually automatically selected), so i assume a lot of users are comfortable with such details.

Of course, You would want stats to be uniquely identified.. Probably by a hash of the blog URL(To prevent people complaining of a central directory of known functions/plugins running on any blog, as it can supposably increase the risk of installs if its known(Ref: The tinfoil brigade, on the Plugin version checking))

(Please, No flames or counter-arguements on that Blog URL business.. A central directory wouldnt increase the risk dramatically(IMO), and allthough security would be pretty good i assume, Some people just do not want information about them or products they use stored anywhere at all, So its all of personal opinion, Not something anyone needs to be argued about right now, Leave that to whoever designs it if it ever happens)

>>> http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff