[wp-hackers] Attn: rob1n Regarding #4360

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:10:56 GMT 2008

If you could please, can you update this patch for the current state of
SVN revision? I just tried this on the localhost copy, using current SVN
trunk version. I wasn't sure what revision number to use, but mainly was
trying to see how this patch worked over-all code wise...
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4360
http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/4360/4360.diff

Here's what I got so far:

a) Options don't "stick". I selected to use just commenter name, and hit
update options button. It's not sticking, the check mark isn't "in" the
check box after hitting update options... resulting in b)
b) After submitting the comment, I get following error message: "Error:
please enter a valid email address."
c) In wp-comments.post.php file..

this line needs to changed from:
wp_die( __( 'Error: please complete the URL field.' );

to (get rid of syntax error or whatever):
wp_die( __( 'Error: please complete the URL field.' ) );