[wp-hackers] What happened to the right margin?

Dan Larkin nitephire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:09:34 GMT 2008

I'll second the fact that it's hard to write on wide screens.  In fact it's
freakishly hard to do when I enter fullscreen mode on my 1920x1200 monitor
(normally I don't notice it as much because I use a bookmarks sidebar in
Firefox and Google Desktop's sidebar on the other side, in addition to a
docked Pidgin buddy list window, but regardless...).  I think that doing
away with the right margin convention was good though, especially for the
top menu.  That said, I feel like page elements would benefit from a maximum
width.  I like having things lined up on the left rather than centered, just
because there's no visual border on the left other than the window edge.  If
that's changed it could work I guess.

:: Dan Larkin