[wp-hackers] Google Summer of Code 2008

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Feb 28 10:08:16 GMT 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:54:21 +1100, James Davis <james at freecharity.org.uk> wrote:

> Jeremy Visser wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, could we standardise some keyword+report on Trac like
>> "have-a-bash", where we flag easy tickets for people looking for fun to
>> hack on?
>
> Surely you are mistaken sir. All the tickets are fun to work on!
>
> Seriously though, it'd be difficult as we all have different ideas of
> what's fun. My advice to people is to just get stuck in =)

Same from me, Just take a glance through the open ticket lists:
Needs a patch:
http://trac.wordpress.org/report/13

Needs Testing:
http://trac.wordpress.org/report/16

Pick something that looks like something you could have a go at, and give it a go, Make sure to read the comments on the ticket, If it looks over your head, then move along to the next.
But quite a lot of them have simply fixes if you're looking for the issue, Once you get stuck into it, you can generally drill the error down to a single function or two, You might not be able to fix the problem, But reporting back where you think the issue might be can be great help to others too.