[wp-hackers] Upgrade sanity checks

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:15:23 GMT 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:53:29 +1100, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

>How do localized versions of WP Work?
>I thought it was just a language specifier in wp-config and a .po file?

Yes and no, these is some files that are tanslated (readme.html) and
some core file have strings that cannot be gettexted cause when they
are outputed the gettex engine is not yet loaded so we have to
manually tramslate them and this will break the original english
checksum. wp-config-sample.php is always translaed manually in theyr
comments to give helps about waht to write in it in locale languages,
efault theme is always manually translate d or some tema give a
version I18N and language files etc etc... (we in Italy give a copy of
GPL licence translated keeping the original one too)

So localizing WP is not just a matter of creating a single language
files.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it