[wp-hackers] WP 2.5 Demo Site

Alex Günsche ag.ml2008 at zirona.com
Thu Feb 14 09:06:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 19:29 -0800, Viper007Bond wrote:
> No, no, I think my comment came across the wrong way. I wasn't meaning to
> diss Chris at all. I was merely saying that installing a webserver wasn't as
> hard as Alex Günsche had made it out to be.

I did never say that it's hard to install a webserver. I administrate a
couple of server systems, and I know that it's not to hard. I also saw
people using XAMPP, and that seems to be even easier than managing
everything by hand.

What I said is that *not everybody* (meaning not everybody who might
want to try the new admin interface) is able to do it. And even most of
those who could, wouldn't do it *just for a preview*.

When you say "... installing a webserver wasn't as hard as Alex Günsche
had made it out to be" then you might have misunderstood that "not
everybody is able to do it" or "not everybody wants to do it" does not
equal "it is hard to do it". Or, to make it fully clear, I did not mean
myself or anybody from this list, but normal WP users who might like the
idea to see the new WP.

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net