[wp-hackers] Improving Plugin (and Theme) metadata

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Sat Feb 9 11:34:52 GMT 2008

This sounds like a patch feature request for a bigger issue:

what will it take to have

__($str) and _e($str) just work without having to specify the
translation domain?

IE: what if they used the translation of the current plugin automatically?

I suggestion a solution for this 9 months ago here:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4260

be sure to go through the thread mentioned to understand the context of
the proposed solution.