[wp-hackers] Default password length

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Feb 6 10:29:10 GMT 2008

G'day,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I've been off the list for
a while and couldn't find it in my searching.

With the improvements to password hashing that are now in trunk and
presumably will make it into core soon, is it also time to review the
default password length?

I install a lot of WordPress sites, mainly for testing, and I notice
that the passwords are predominantly numbers and only 6 digits long. As
part of the password handling changes, can we push that out to 8
characters and improve the random algorithm?

Cheers - Callum.