[wp-hackers] Codex function page proposal

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Dec 27 23:17:23 GMT 2008

Wiki templating is a somewhat complex beast, but simple templates
aren't too hard. Basically, you make a Template:Whatever page, with
special syntax to substitute named values. Then, to use it, you use
the {{Whatever | param1=value1 | param2=value2 }} syntax in a page.

Best reference I know of is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

-Otto