[wp-hackers] Known when on Comment page x?

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Mon Dec 15 19:08:59 GMT 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:55:45 -0600
Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:

> Isn't this bad for SEO?  We now have a post with multiple pages, but
> the post content is repeated over multiple URLs.  This will screw up
> search engines, as well as site stats (popular posts will end up
> "splitting the vote" between comment-page-1, comment-page-2,
> comment-page-3, etc...)

Hmm, good point Stephen.
You're absolutely right, I didn't think of it like that.

I guess by modifying the robots.xt to disallow the search of
comment-page-x we could overcome this.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu