[wp-hackers] Re: Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Dec 13 06:26:27 GMT 2008

I think this discussion of whether calling functions makes a
derivative work or not misses the point.

The point being (IMHO), I have never seen a WP theme that wasn't
written using the standard Loop code either from the Codex or from
another theme.

Therefore these themes are all created by incorporating/modifying GPL
code, and they are therefore derivative works and therefore GPL.

In my non-binding, non-lawyer opinion.
     Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX