[wp-hackers] Re: Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Dec 13 02:13:12 GMT 2008

Actually, I'll take it that the HTTP API inherits the GPLv2 from the
parent, WordPress, since no license is given. I'm unsure if the API
would have been considered if it was anything other than GPLv2. However,
I would rather like that people use it outside of WordPress, but the
license might be too restrictive for some projects. Well, the Zend
Framework also implements a lot of what the HTTP API does, so really you
could use the Zend Framework under its New BSD license.

Jacob Santos