[wp-hackers] How find the correct post_id to save.

Mikael Hedengren mikael at cylinderlabs.se
Mon Dec 8 20:50:45 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I need to add update a separate database table when I write a post so I use
add_action('save_post', ...) to get the data to save.
The problem is that I get two calls with different postID:s when I save the
post and I only want to create a database entry for the "real" (parent) post
but I don't know how to find that out.
Can anybody tell me how to get the correct postID or is there a better way
to link to the correct post from my database table?

Thanks!