[wp-hackers] Slow loading WordPress (Hack solution)

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Sat Dec 6 21:19:47 GMT 2008

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 00:14:26 -0600
Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:

> As for the IP solution. It was already tried, but it broke too many
> wp-crons on other servers. The decision was made that those who
> require IP are just SOL. There was going to be a filter or something,
> but no matter. Your code also doesn't use the HTTP API.

Jacob,

Do you know what the problem was on other servers that an IP
address couldn't be used?

What should I have used to get the IP address of the server if it's not
by $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] or are you referring to the fact I forgot
quotes in my original posting?

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu