[wp-hackers] Slow loading WordPress (Hack solution)

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Dec 6 06:14:26 GMT 2008

Idled Soul wrote:
> Would be even better if WP just stuck on the same core code itself,
> and didn't overload itself with so much extra stuff. The old XXXKB
> download was awesome... now it's what, XXMB ? And it's only gotten
> more slow in general for load times. >__< Can't win for losing I guess..

There is something to be said about using crontab or server cron instead
of wp-cron itself.

As for the IP solution. It was already tried, but it broke too many
wp-crons on other servers. The decision was made that those who require
IP are just SOL. There was going to be a filter or something, but no
matter. Your code also doesn't use the HTTP API.

Jacob Santos