[wp-hackers] Lock posts and multiple logins

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Wed Dec 3 03:31:15 GMT 2008

DD32 wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:13:16 +1100, Dino Termini
> <dino at duechiacchiere.it> wrote:
>
>> 1) Lock posts that are being edited: I know you can password protect a
>> post you are working on, to avoid other people to edit the same content
>> at the same time, but I am looking for something more "transparent" to
>> the content editor, that automatically does some sort of
>> check-in/check-out
>
> I believe WordPress allready warns that another user is allready
> editing the post, The revision functionality will allow you to see
> what other authors have modified.
> I'm not 100% sure if it locks the user out from modifying, or simply
> warns, or allows you to bypass..

Wow that was a quick reply! Thanks dd32 :) Actually, there is a warning,
but only if two different users try to edit the same post. This does not
apply if the same user is connected from two different places. I know,
this looks weird, but since we have several users, I was thinking about
creating three or four different users with different roles, and then
share them among the editors :-)