[wp-hackers] Plugin main file name

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Aug 26 04:10:46 GMT 2008

On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Andrew Ozz wrote:

> Why not add an option with the version number and the path to the
> latest file. The version number can even be included in the file
> name, something like: main_20080824.php. Then when the first plugin
> is loading, it can check where the latest file is and load it first.
>
> If another plugin is installed with an older version of the main
> file, it can check the version and not overwrite the path.

This might be a better version than mine.  As best I see it I would
have to recursively view the entire plugins directory looking for
strider_core files though, and as you suggest the version would have
to be in the filename.  Once it's found once I could set a $global or
CONSTANT so I don't re-search for each plugin.

Not sure if this is better or worse than what I've figured out.  Worth
keeping in mind if there are problems with what I've got working.  My
main concern is the late launching of those plugins in the other
system (on plugins_loaded).

Stephen