[wp-hackers] Category table

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 17:30:21 GMT 2008

Avoiding the question slightly, you could get the desired outcome as follows:

1. Create your new category if you haven't already (or decide which
existing category you're going to move these posts into).
2. Set this category as the default category via the Manage ->
Categories screen.
3. On the same screen, delete the Uncategorised category.

The act of deleting a category will move all the posts in it into the
default category.

If you don't want the aforementioned category to remain as the
default, choose another (or create another) and set that as the
default.

Don't forget to do a database backup beforehand!

Hope this helps.

John.