[wp-hackers] Shortcodes in the Sidebar

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sun Aug 24 03:14:34 GMT 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

> For that matter, Why not just do
> add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

Poop! Why didn't I see that? Oh well, I guess it's a good thing I mentioned
it here.  It's a little throwaway plugin, so I'm not surprised that there is
a much simpler way to do it.  I'll revise it.

Obviously, this is something that anyone could put into their own plugin(s)
if they wanted to enable shortcodes for their users, but since I didn't want
to change the behavior for my users that weren't going to use it, I decided
to put it out on its own.

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel