[wp-hackers] Plugin main file name

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sat Aug 23 19:14:29 GMT 2008

>> I'm creating a "core" file for my plugins that is a standardized
>> chunk of
>> common code.

SimplePie does this sort of thing, but uses a standalone plugin to be
the core library. Then all the other plugins are built on top of it as
their own plugins, which depend on the library plugin. I thought it
was a great way to go, given that this gives other plugin authors a
way to use SimplePie's RSS library in their own plugin - without
having to bundle it with their own.

* http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplepie-core/
* http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplepie-plugin-for-wordpress/

Maybe something like this will work for you.

-e