[wp-hackers] Plugin main file name

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Aug 23 14:10:50 GMT 2008

I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of the plugin stuff at
WP/extend, so I have a question for you all.

I'm creating a "core" file for my plugins that is a standardized chunk
of common code.  In doing so, it would be handy for me if the main
plugin file was the same for each plugin.  The _directory_ is
different, of course, but I want the plugin file itself to be
plugin_main.php or something like that.

Thus, in wp-content/plugins/...

myplugin/plugin_main.php
anotherplugin/plugin_main.php
thirdplugin/plugin_main.php

Is this a bad idea for some reason I don't know about?  If down the
road I put these on WP-extend, will it screw up updates or auto-
install or something?

Thanks.

Stephen

--