[wp-hackers] RE: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 43, Issue 24

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 15 13:01:13 GMT 2008

I was not aware of Snoopy but it looks like it will do what I want, thanks
for the pointer.

So I reconfigured my class to use Snoopy instead of cURL and it too works in
my dev environment but fails in production with a timeout.  I am guess that
GoDaddy (I am starting to agree with Matt who said their Windows PHP support
useless) requires a proxy of some sort to use fsockopen().  Of course, there
is nothing in their help pages about fsockopen() other than a statement
which says it is supported.

Mike